The Garden will be buzzing with activities from 1pm to celebrate the Australia & New Zealand Botanic Garden Open Day, and you’re all invited!!
There will be an opportunity to take part in a range of free activities throughout the afternoon including guided garden tours on the electronic buggy, Behind the Scenes Tours of our Greenplan Nursery as well a number of engaging and hands-on activities.
A special feature of this year's event is the free screening of Before the Flood
, National Geographic film about climate change featuring Leonardo DiCaprio. Afternoon Program:
1pm to 4pm
- Behind the Scenes Tours 1.30pm & 3.30pm
- Hands on Activities:
- Seed Planting
- Insect Hotel Making*
- Creating Gardens from Recycled Materials
- Garden Bugs & Critters Art Exhibition
- Guided Buggy Tours
- Native Plant Giveaways
* Please bring along your recycled milk and drink containers to create your insect hotels. All other materials will be supplied.
For those looking for a relaxing Sunday afternoon activity with family and friends, we’ll have a number of food stalls on site so you can enjoy a delicious garden picnic within our beautiful garden.
Evening Program: from sunset
- Special free screening of Before the Flood featuring Leonardo DiCaprio. Pack a blanket and grab a bite and coffee from one of the delicious food stalls
Please note that all garden gates will be closed at 5pm except the main entrance gate
on Murphys Avenue in Keiraville.
More than 70 botanic gardens from Australia and New Zealand will be participating in this national event that will highlight the significant work undertaken at botanic gardens to ensure plants survive into the future.
We hope you’ll be able to join us at the Garden on Sunday 28 May, and who knows, you may find your inner botanist.