The Wollongong Heritage Reference Group has been established to provide advice to Council on its policies and strategic projects where these relate to the management, conservation and promotion of Wollongong’s heritage. The Reference Group comprises people interested in the management and conservation of Wollongong’s unique cultural heritage.
The responsibilities and functions of the Heritage Reference Group are to:
- Monitor and support the implementation of the Wollongong Heritage Strategy and Action Plan
- Provide advice to Council on the review and update of the Heritage Schedule in Council’s Local Environmental Plan(s), including recommendations relating to the nomination and deletion of items
- Provide advice to Council on a range of strategic projects and Council policies related to, or that may impact on, the conservation and management of Wollongong’s heritage
- Raise community awareness of heritage conservation through heritage promotions
- Provide advice to Council on the distribution of the local heritage grant fund.
Applications for the current membership of the Heritage Reference Group closed on the 10 August 2018.