Being a pet owner is extremely rewarding, but it is also a big responsibility. As well as caring for a companion animal, owners are responsible for their pet’s behaviour and registration.
You can register your pet online by clicking the Apply For It button on this page to be taken to the NSW Pet Registry site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it cheaper to register dogs and cats if they are desexed?
Yes. All pet owners are encouraged to desex their pets prior to registration to take advantage of the significant registration discounts offered for desexed animals.
How to register your cat or dog?
- All cats and dogs, other than exempt cats and dogs, must be registered by six months of age.
- The registration fee is a once-only payment, which covers the cat or dog for its lifetime in NSW, regardless of any changes in ownership.
- Discounted registration fees apply to desexed cats or dogs.
- You can register your pet:
- Online at the NSW Pet Registry or
- In person at the Council
Register Online at the NSW Pet Registry:
You can register and pay online at the NSW Pet Registry: www.petregistry.nsw.gov.au Contact NSW Pet Registry for technical enquiries:
Register In person at the Council:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 1300 134 460 between 9am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Office of Local Government, Locked Bag 3015. Nowra NSW 2541
You can register and pay in person at Wollongong City Council, Cashiers Ground Level, 41 Burelli St, Wollongong.
The following must be provided:
- Applicable fee. See Office of Local Government for fees: Registration Fees
- Complete the Lifetime Registration form
- Proof of identification:
- Certificate of Identification or Permanent Identification (P1A)
- Verification of Existing Microchip (M1)
- Proof of desexed animal (if applicable)
- Document to prove your discount eg: Pension card or Recognised Breeder (if applicable)
Payment options include:
- by cash, Eftpos, cheque or Credit Card.
- Payment can also be made via mail by sending the information with a cheque or money order and payable to Wollongong City Council, Locked Bag 8821 Wollongong NSW 2500.
Once registration is complete, Council will issue a Certificate of Registration.
Please click here for more information.
Page last updated:
WOLLONGONG CITY COUNCIL
Wollongong City Council, 41 Burelli Street,
Wollongong NSW 2500 ▪ Postal:
Locked Bag 8821
Wollongong DC NSW 2500
(02) 4227 7111 ▪ Fax:
(02) 4227 7277 ▪ Email:
63 139 525 939 – GST Registered