You may not need to lodge a tree management permit application if
you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Your tree is an exempt species
- The pruning/removal works is part of a proposed development on the
property ie house, house extension, swimming pool, garage, subdivision, etc.
You must apply via a
Development Application to prune/remove the tree(s) as part of your
- The tree removal is necessary to enable you to comply for
Complying Development Certificate.
A Complying Development Certificate has set requirements that apply to
trees. If your development proposal doesn’t meet these requirements you must
apply via a
- The application is for the removal of a tree(s)
which was retained as a condition in a
previous Development Consent?
If yes, you will need to apply for a Section 4.55 amendment to the previous
Development Consent. Council is not able to grant removal under a Tree
Management Permit. Contact
for further information.
- Your property has a
10/50 Vegetation Clearing Entitlement Area
(Google Chrome only)
- A total of five (5) trees only per application, with a maximum of three (3) applications may be lodged with Council at any one time.
- Applicants must have legal documentation from the owner authorising them to act on their behalf. Examples could include (but not limited to): Strata Managers, Power of Attorney, Directors of companies, Trustees, Executors, etc