We look after more than 42km of shared pathways for cyclists and pedestrians. To find out more, visit our Shared Pathways page.
Council has five skate parks and we're always on the lookout for locations for new ones. To see the details of our existing parks visit our skate parks page.
We manage more than 40 sportsgrounds across Wollongong. View the sportsground status of each of ground to be kept up to date on which grounds are open or closed for training and competition purposes.
Don't Waste Our Sportsgrounds
Thomas Dalton Park at Fairy Meadow is our most popular sportsground and each year, more than 36,000 people visit the park.
Council has installed recycling facilities at this ground to help reduce the amount of recyclables which end up in the general waste bin. So, if you're at Thomas Dalton Park, please do the right thing with your drink cans and plastic bottles.
Assistance for Sports Clubs and Associations
Council runs a Sports and Facilities Reference Group. One of this group’s objectives is to help sporting clubs and associations maintain and improve their sports facilities through providing partial funding.
Applications for assistance are now invited from sports clubs wishing to enhance sportsgrounds that are owned and controlled by Council.
How to apply:
- Download the Sports Planning Application 2018-2019 [357 KB]
- Your club should complete all relevant fields, then forward the form to the peak body
- The peak body will need to complete any remaining fields, including the consent and declaration section.
- The completed form must be returned to Council by close of business on Friday 7 September 2018.
Applications should be marked 'Sports Planning Application' and can be submitted:
- By post to Wollongong City Council, Locked Bag 8821, Wollongong DC NSW 2500
- In person to 41 Burelli Street, Wollongong
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org