- Out of bounds
- Those areas beyond the course boundary fences and protective mesh fence adjacent to 10th tee
- Those areas beyond any line of white stakes with black tops
- Ground under repair
- Those area defined by white stakes or lines
- The garden beds adjacent to the Pro Shop. The garden beds adjacent to the 11th, 12th and 13th tees. All other garden beds are integrally part of the course
- All new work under construction
- Deep wheel ruts on the fairways
Staked and ornamental trees
- All roads and pathways are integrally part of the course except those constructed with concrete or asphalt (rule 24-2)
On course building and mesh wire safety fences
- If a staked or tagged tree or shrub interferes with the players stance or intended swing, the ball must be dropped at the nearest point of relief in accordance with rule 24-2b(i).
- The buildings (Pro Shop, etc) and wire mesh safety fences are immoveable obstructions except the mesh fence adjacent to the 10th tee. Relief is available as described in rule 24-2b.
- If an immovable obstruction is on or within two club lengths of the putting green the player may take relief as follows. The ball must be lifted to where the ball at the nearest point to where the ball lay that (a) is not nearer the hole, (b) avoids intervention and (c) is not a hazard. The ball may be cleaned when lifted. Appendix 1 page 128 of the rule book.
- All course indicator signs distance markers and stakes or pegs on the course are immovable obstructions, except those marking out of bounds. Relief as described in rule 24b.
- All players to carry and use a sand bucket
- Please repair pitch marks on the green
- Keep up with the group in front
- Call through immediately if your ball is lost
- The lowest marker is responsible for the observance of the rules and etiquette of golf. Etiquette notes as per original score card
- All motorized golf carts are to stay a minimum 3 metres from the greens and are not to be driven on tees at any time
- Alcohol is not permitted to be consumed on the golf course.
- Smoking is not permitted within 10 metres of any buildings or where staff may be working.
Penalty for breach of rules
- Match play – loss of hole
- Stroke play – two stroke penalty
WOLLONGONG CITY COUNCIL
Wollongong City Council, 41 Burelli Street,
Wollongong NSW 2500 ▪ Postal:
Locked Bag 8821
Wollongong DC NSW 2500
(02) 4227 7111 ▪ Fax:
(02) 4227 7277 ▪ Email:
63 139 525 939 – GST Registered