- Active Seniors
- Gentle exercises including strength work with hand weights, steps, cross-training and stretch.
- Active Seniors Aquarobics
- Gentle water exercises and swimming with flippers in shallow and middle depth water - the varied exercises provide a non-strenuous all-round workout.
- Active Seniors Circuit
- A series of cardio, strength and boxing exercise stations with varying intensity options.
- Exercises in water. A great way to improve fitness and burn unwanted calories as the water environment reduces impact on the body and improves muscle strength.
- Body Balance
A Les Mills class. A mix of yoga, Pilates and tai chi set to music. An awesome mind and body workout. Fantastic for toning, strength and flexibility.
- Body Combat
- A Les Mills class. Low impact, fat burning class inspired by martial arts incorporating karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay thai.
- Body Pump
- A Les Mills class. Low impact weights based class designed to improve muscle tone and body shape. It won’t happen overnight but it will happen! An easy to follow time efficient workout that gets fast results.
- Body Step
A Les Mills class. The world’s fastest way to tone the butt and thighs! Body Step incorporates an adjustable platform enabling you to chose a low impact or a high intensity workout. The rhythm and energy is addictive, and the atmosphere is inspiring. Come and be part of the Ultimate Step Class.
- Body Vive
A Les Mills class. Low-impact, whole body workout using VIVE balls, VIVE tubes and body weight designed to improve fitness and core strength.
- Cardio Boxing
- A series of boxing and cardio exercises designed to build muscle strength, balance, agility and coordination.
- Circuit (Interval and X-training)
- A series of cardio, strength and boxing exercise stations with varying intensity options designed to burn calories and tone the body - held indoors or outdoors.
A non-choreographed cycle class to upbeat music that will burn unwanted calories and tone the body.
- Exer-heartbeat Circuit
A low to moderate intensity workout combining cardio and resistance training targeting those with heart conditions, diabetes, obesity and general health concerns - medical practitioner clearance advisable.
- Freestyle Aerobics
A cardio and strength exercise class involving some power walking/running and hand weights.
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)
One of the most effective training methods for both fat loss and cardio fitness.
- HIIT is not one specific exercise, although cycling or running are often used. HIIT involves an interval of a high intensity exercise followed by an interval of lower intensity exercise to allow recovery. The time intervals will vary. Beginners should start with shorter (high intensity) intervals and longer recovery (low intensity) intervals.
- Lite Pace
A low to moderate intensity aerobic workout with hand weights, step and cross training that will improve body strength, balance, rhythm, coordination and endurance. Class duration varies from 45-60 minutes.
A Les Mills class. A cycling workout designed to improve anaerobic capacity and strength that will burn calories and tone the body.
- Seniors Body Bar
- A low impact workout designed to give a complete body workout through a series of exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls.
A fantastic interval style class. It’s a quick and efficient workout designed to get you results FAST! Interval Training at its best. Tabata consists of a 20 second burst of exercise, followed by a 10 second rest. This is repeated 8 times. Tabata is designed to improve strength, power and speed through lots of different exercises. Be prepared to work hard and burn more calories in one class than you ever have!
- Teen Fit Circuit
An exercise circuit for teenagers involving a series of cardio and strength stations - parents welcome to participate.
- Walking in Water
Exercises in shallow and middle depth water for those with arthritis and other joint impairments - helps improve balance and strength
- Participants are encouraged to arrive early to set up their exercise station as no one will be able to enter after the class enters.
- We reserve the right to change class styles and instructors as required.
- All classes are one hour unless stated otherwise.
- In the event of extreme heat conditions, classes may be cancelled for health reasons.
- We recommend the use of a non slip yoga mat for body balance classes.
- Please enter the room once the previous class has been vacated.
- No participants can enter the class after 5 minutes of starting time.
WOLLONGONG CITY COUNCIL
Wollongong City Council, 41 Burelli Street,
Wollongong NSW 2500 ▪ Postal:
Locked Bag 8821
Wollongong DC NSW 2500
(02) 4227 7111 ▪ Fax:
(02) 4227 7277 ▪ Email:
63 139 525 939 – GST Registered