Are you interested working in a Library?
· Want to gain valuable work experience while staying at school?
· Like solving problems?
· Like helping people?
· In Year 10?
Libraries are a place where people of all ages and interests can get together and do lots of different things - get online on free wi-fi, research their family tree or learn how to make a worm farm. We work with so many interesting people every day, chatting with them about their interests and helping them explore new information, ideas and experiences. We look after graphic novels, the latest magazines, movies and music and masses of online information. There's even books!
Over the last 3 years we’ve had 12 school-based trainees complete their traineeship at our libraries and we’re now looking for the next group of Year 10 students to join our organisation.
Benefits of a school-based traineeship
· Get paid a trainee wage to work 100 days over two years.
· Gain a vocational qualification that will count towards your HSC.
· Meet students from other schools who are undertaking school-based traineeships.
· Get valuable experience working in a team and delivering great customer service
How to apply
To apply for a 2018-2020 traineeship please complete the form below.
What you’ll be asked:
· Why are you interested in this Traineeship?
· What skills, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
· What goals would you set for yourself during this Traineeship (What do you want to achieve)?
· To upload your resume.
Applications close October 22
Interviews will be conducted Monday 5th November.
If you have any questions about our school-based traineeships, please contact your school careers adviser.