Towradgi - History
According to a map in Henderson's Early Illawarra Towradgi was also known as "Towroger". A notice appeared in the Illawarra Mercury on 18 August 1856 advertising a dairy farm for sale at Towrodger, "formerly the property of Mr George Organ". Towradgi is a corruption of the aboriginal word "Kow-radgi" meaning "guardian of the sacred stones".
This page is currently under development by Library Staff