Wombarra
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

All council websites and online services will be unavailable from 5:30pm today for essential maintenance

Quick Launch

Wombarra

Print this Page

History

An aboriginal word meaning "black duck"

This page is currently being deveoped by library staff.

Wombarra - Timeline

  
Event
1916
New platform at Brown's Bridge named Wombarra
1922
Wombarra Progress Association formed
1923
Road from Main South Coast Road to railway station to be called Progress Road
1924
Wombarra to have post office within few weeks
1934
Wombarra Horticultural Society holds Autumn Show
1934
Houses at Wombarra and Scarborough affected by earth subsidence
1950
Landslips threaten homes between Wombarra and Coledale
1954
Wombarra Community Hall opened December
1956
Camping ground closed
1961
Flood damage on railway line causes landslide
1963
18-year-old youth attacked by shark
1963
Our Lady of Lourdes Roman Catholic Church opened and dedicated on April 28. Replaces the small 80-year-old St Patrick's Church at Clifton
1969
Memorial wall unveiled at Scarborough-Wombarra Bowling Club
1976
Campers given notice to stop camping at Wombarra Reserve
2009
New amenities block opened at Wombarra Beach
Page last updated: