The use of computers in Wollongong City Libraries are subject to your agreement to comply with Wollongong City Libraries Internet Conditions of Use which are listed below. Logging on to the computers signifies your understanding and acceptance of the following conditions:
- Users must be current or guest members of the library service.
- Bookings, including walk-up bookings are required and bookings are held for 10 minutes after which time the PC may be allocated to another user.
- Users must not infringe copyright laws, censorship laws and licensing agreements.
- Users will not use the computers for any illegal or irresponsible activity.
- Users will not display indecent or otherwise offensive material on the screen.
- Users will not attempt to corrupt software or damage equipment.
- The library does not guarantee access to any site.
- The Library does not take responsibility for any technical problems in accessing sites on the internet, saving documents or the accuracy of any information obtained.
- Users will be considerate of other users.
- Users will use headphones when playing sound files.
- Supervision of a child’s access to the internet is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
- There is a charge for each page printed.
- Files can be downloaded to USB flash drive or CD-ROM. The library accepts no responsibility for damage to any of these devices.
Filtering - The Library does not monitor or filter information accessed through the internet and therefore cannot be held responsible for its content.
Security - The Library cannot take responsibility for the safety and security of any transactions carried out on the Internet, or arising from use of a particular site. Public access PCs reboot on logout and all website history, passwords and email history is wiped.
Privacy – The Library respects users’ rights to privacy and does not monitor the information or sites accessed by clients. However, the Library may be required to provide Internet logs to officers legally empowered to investigate use of the Internet where there are reasonable grounds for that officer to suspect illegal use.
If you agree to these Conditions of Use, click on the “I agree” button on the right-hand side of the screen.