In order to become a member of Wollongong City Libraries you agree with the Library’s conditions of use and the following membership declaration.
· to be responsible for the conduct of the person named in the library membership registration
· to comply with the Conditions of Use for the Internet (Scroll down)
· to pay promptly any fees or charges that are incurred
· to give immediate notice of any change to my registration details
· to accept responsibility for the suitability of items or services that are utilised
· that my membership card is not transferable to any other person
· to be responsible for the conduct of my child/children and for the suitability of information they access through the library, including through the Internet.
Application for Library membership requires you to provide ‘personal information’ as defined in the Privacy Act 1988.
The Library needs this information so that it can process your membership application in order to provide Library services. The supply of this information is voluntary; however without membership some services will not be available.
This information will only be used within Wollongong City Council, unless the library needs to use or disclose your personal information for law enforcement purposes or if otherwise required by law.
The Library is required to collect and retain this information and to record that documentation, supporting your application, where relevant, has been sighted.
You have the right to request access to and/or correct any personal information concerning you held by the Library.
Routine corrections, changes and enquiries should be directed to
phone 4227 7428.
You can change your PIN at any time by logging into the library catalogue: www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/library