Submissions are now open for the Wollongong Acquisitive Sculpture Award 2018.
This outdoor exhibition will be held in Wollongong Botanic Garden
from 7 April - 20 May 2018, and provides an opportunity for artists to showcase their work in a beautiful and unique setting.
Wollongong City Council is particularly interested in exhibiting sculptures that celebrate and respond to the theme of 'place'.
Artists can choose to approach the theme in a representational, symbolic or abstract way.
Those who'd like to familiarise themselves with the Botanic Garden may wish to refer to the Wollongong Botanic Garden Plan of Management, or obtain a copy of the book 'Wollongong Botanic Garden - A story of beauty and diversity' by Leighton, available from the Botanic Garden Administration Office.
- An entry fee of $45 per application applies (non-refundable)
- An artist subsidy of $1000 will be paid to selected artists
- Up to 23 artists will be selected
- There are a variety of unique sites available within the Botanic Garden
- An Acquisitive Prize of $30,000 will be paid to the wininng artist
- A non-acquisitive People's Choice Prize of $3,000 will also be awarded
- Submissions will be accepted until 5pm, Tuesday 12 September 2017.
How to apply
Step 1: Register
Before you can apply, you will need to register for an online account. It may take up to 24 hours for your registration to activate - so don't leave it until the last minute!
You'll receive a username and password which you can use to complete your application, or partially complete it and come back later to submit it.
If you require assistance with the online application process, please contact our support team on (02) 4227 7675.
Step 2: Read the Terms and Conditions
Make sure you read the two documents below before submitting your application:
Entry Terms and Conditions [500 KB]
Botanic Garden site map [4 MB]
Step 3: Apply
Click the button below to complete the online application. Make sure you have your username and password (see Step 1) and payment details ready to complete this step.
Submissions will be accepted until 5pm, Tuesday 12 September 2017.