Wollongong City Council is inviting musicians, bands and performance artists to send in an Expression of Interest in order to be considered to perform at a range of Council events. These could include the Lunch in the Arts Precinct program, City Centre performances or other special events.
Successful applications will become part of a database that various event organisers across Council can access to find local performers.
Artists can work in any genre or format, and as solo or group performers, for example jazz or rock, acoustic singer/songwriter, folk group etc.
In order to apply you must:
- Ensure that performance is appropriate for mixed general public including young families and children.
- Have an invested connection to the Wollongong community.
- Have previous experience in music and/or performance.
By providing performance opportunities to local artists, Council aims to:
- Provide an opportunity for community cultural development within the Wollongong City Centre
- Allow the public to access and experience the arts in all disciplines
- Create opportunities for experience and employment of emerging artists within Wollongong LGA.
- Cultivate the cultural economy in accordance with our Cultural Plan.
- Create and add vibrant new art and performance forms to the vitalisation of the City Centre.
- Submitting an EOI does not guarantee your inclusion in upcoming events.
- Council encourages participation by everyone regardless of age, gender, disability or special requirements. Where practical and affordable, we will endeavour to provide appropriate requirements and devices that enable equal access for all performers.
- All successful artists will be paid an appropriate fee for their work.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email or phone.
To express interest in performing at upcoming events, please complete the form below.