Do your bit to help keep the Illawarra beautiful and join in this annual clean up that's held on the first weekend in March. Clean up efforts focus on removing rubbish from stormwater drains and watercourses, which lead to larger waters, and bushlands used for recreation purposes.
Clean Up Australia Day is fun, easy and everyone can take part. Individuals and community groups can either organise a clean up site or volunteer to join an existing site.
Wet Weather arrangements
In the event of rain, it is expected that most clean ups will still go ahead. However, we're asking anyone participating in clean ups to avoid waterways such as creeks or stormwater channels due to the risk of flash flooding.
Clean Up Australia Day 2017 registration points are listed below:
Saturday 4 March 2017
- Purry Burry Point, Primbee, 9.30am - 12pm.
Sunday 5 March 2017
- Helensburgh Old Doctor's Surgery, Parkes Street, 10am - 1pm
- Otford Tennis Courts, 9am - 12pm
- Kelly's Falls, Stanwell Tops (meet in carpark), 11am - 1pm
- Coledale SLSC, 10am -1pm
- St James Park, Coledale, 10am - 2pm
- Thirroul Beach, 9 - 10am
- Whartons Creek, Bulli (meet at bridge between Artis and Benelong streets), 9am - 12pm
- Bellambi SLSC, 10am - 1pm
- City Beach, Marine Drive, Wollongong, 9am - 1pm
- Nan Tien Temple, Berkeley Road, Berkeley, 9.30am - 1pm
- Berkeley Boat Ramp near fish market, 9 - 11am
- Carpark, corner of Holborn and Sussex streets, Berkeley, 9am - 1pm
- Warrawong Rowing Centre, Northcliffe Drive, 10am -12pm
- MM Beach (northern end), Gloucester Boulevarde, Port Kembla, 9am - 12pm
- Primbee foreshore from Bundah Place to Heritage Park, 9.30am - 11.30am
- Windang foreshore near playground and boat ramp, 8.30 - 11.30am
- Horsley Community Centre, Bong Bong Road, Dapto, 9am - 1pm
- Brooks Reach Road park, Horsley, 10am - 12pm
- McDonald's Woonona, Fairy Meadow, Wollongong, Figtree, Dapto and Warrawong, 9am - 5pm.