Catchment Area: Windang, Primbee, Kemblawarra, Warrawong, Lake Heights, Berkeley, Kanahooka, Koonawarra, Yallah, Oak Flats and Albion Park Rail.
Waterways: Lake Illawarra.
This catchment has experienced a number of major floods, the most recent in August 1998 which resulted in extensive damage to both public and private property.
Cardo Lawson Treloar Ptd Ltd has been engaged to prepare a Flood Study, Floodplain Risk Management Study and Floodplain Risk Management Plan for this catchment area.
- Define the nature of the flood risk in the catchment area (Flood Study)
- Identify measures to reduce flood risk and the impacts of flooding on the community (Floodplain Risk Management Study)
- Outline measures to best address the existing, future and continuing flood problems in the area and provide guidelines for all future developments in the area (Floodplain Risk Management Plan)
Progress of the Study:
- The Flood Study was completed in July 2001
- The Floodplain Risk Management Study and Plan can be viewed at the bottom of this page.
These studies are jointly funded by Wollongong City Council, Shellharbour City Council and the Lake Illawarra Authority.