Right now, there are over 22 million unwanted mobile phones hiding in drawers, cupboards and garages across Australia. That's the equivalent of 2,200 tonnes of metal, minerals, plastic and glass - things that the planet desperately needs us to recycle.
Keep mobile phones out of landfill. By recycling your mobile you're avoiding future greenhouse gas emissions, saving energy, protecting the environment and conserving scarce natural resources. You're also preventing potentially hazardous materials from entering the environment.
Did you know that over 90% of the materials used in mobiles and accessories can be recovered?
Recycle your old mobile phone, battery, charger or accessories today by dropping them off at your local library.
Participating libraries in our area:
- Wollongong Central Library, 41 Burelli St, Wollongong
- Corrimal District Library, 15 Short St, Corrimal
- Dapto District Library, Dapto Ribbonwood Centre, 93-109 Princes Highway, Dapto
- Thirroul District Library, 352-358 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Thirroul
- Warrawong District Library, Level 1, 67-71 King St, Warrawong
- Unanderra Branch Library, Cnr Factory Road and Princes Highway, Unanderra
- Helensburgh Branch Library, 57 Walker St, Helensburgh