The Wollongong City Dunecare program is about encouraging community participation in the management and rehabilitation of our coastal dune systems within the Wollongong Local Government area, including our 17 patrolled beaches.
The benefits of Dunecare are similar to those of Bushcare, with a particular focus on our coastal dune environment. Dunecare:
- Protects indigenous flora, fauna and remnant vegetation
- Rehabilitates natural areas
- Encourages active community involvement
Volunteering in Dunecare can assist with a range of health, social and career opportunities through:
- Free training and technical assistance
- Networking and meeting enthusiastic people
- Accessing information and education through workshops and newsletters
- Satisfaction of seeing wildlife return
Fresh air and exercise
Join a Dunecare Group
If you'd like more information, or want to talk to us about starting a new group, call Council on (02) 4227 7111.