Port Kembla Pop-Up Cycling Route
This project included the following changes to roads in Port Kembla as part of Council's Pop-Up Cycling Routes program:
- Pop-up shared path along Old Port Road and Darcy Road from the train station to Military Road
- Pop-up separated on-road cycleway replacing the parking lane along the north-eastern side of Military Road from Darcy Road to the pedestrian refuge near Marne Street.
- Crossing point improvements on Military Road near Allan Street and Marne Street
- Pop-up bicycle road markings and signs along Military Road from the pedestrian refuge near Marne Street, and along Dovers Drive to Hill 60.
A new permanent shared path along the south-western side of Military Road from Church Street to Olympic Boulevarde is planned for construction later in 2022 (this is no longer part of the pop-up program).
See the map below for an overview of the project.
Updated Port Kembla Pop-up Cycling Route Plan PDF, 3722.73 KB
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Floods and Stormwater
- Coast and Waterways
- Trees and Plants
- Natural Areas
- Native Animals
- Pest Animals
- Climate Change
- Environmental Education
- UCI Bike City
- Parking and Transport
- Public Toilets
- Wollongong CBD
- History and Heritage
- Memorial Gardens and Cemeteries
- Sister Cities
- Filming and Photography
- Learning City