We're offering a quick response round of grants for artists, creatives and makers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our Creative Wollongong Quick Response Grants program covers a broad range of activities that enliven our city, build our cultural industry and encourage people to get involved. This can include activities like music, performing arts, visual arts and craft, and cultural projects.
We encourage people from diverse cultural and language backgrounds and members of our local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to apply for this program.
Applications have now closed.
About this program
Our Creative Wollongong Quick Response Grants program is open to residents of the Wollongong Local Government Area. This includes:
- Community and cultural development organisations
- Physically and socially isolated communities
- Groups from diverse backgrounds
- Young people (over 18).
Applications will not be accepted from:
- Government departments or agencies
- Profit-making individuals or organisations
- Anyone who has received a previous grant from Council that was not acquitted.
- Projects that happen outside the Wollongong Local Government Area.
To qualify for support through this program, projects must address issues highlighted in our Creative Wollongong strategy PDF, 10132.88 KB
You will also need to meet the program requirements for the category you are applying for:
- Category 1: Creative Project
- Category 2: Digital Marketing Support (videography, photography, graphic design or web design)
If your application is successful, you will need to sign an agreement with Council, and provide a full report and acquittal after your activity takes place. Any funding provided must be used by the end of the financial year in which it is provided.
You will also need to acknowledge Council's support in any marketing or other material. Details will be included in your agreement document.
For all applications (Category 1 and 2) you will need to provide the following information in your application:
- Your contact details, and the name of your group if you're applying as an organisation or community group.
- Your ABN, if you have one.
- Confirmation that you've lost income because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Information about your project, including a name, description, expected outcomes and how you'll evaluate it.
- Details of any collaborators involved in your project.
- A project budget. Please use our Quick Response Budget Template XLSX, 19.02 KB and attach it to your application.
- Letter/s of support where relevant. For example, from the owner of a venue you plan to use for your project.
- A COVID-Safe plan for your project. You can create a plan through the NSW Government website.
For Category 2 (Digital Marketing) applicants, you will also need to provide:
- A description of how the funding will help your creative business.
- Details of any suppliers you will use to create your digital marketing. Suppliers must be based in the Wollongong Local Government Area. You'll need to include their contact details, website and / or social media links that we can use for reference checks.
- Written quote/s from suppliers.
This program does not support:
- Projects that take place outside the Wollongong City Council area
- Projects that don't directly benefit Wollongong residents
- Funding towards the completion of an accredited course of study
- Activities that are mostly for fundraising purposes
- Projects that carry forward a financial deficit
- Projects that have already taken place
- Activities where a more suitable source of funding is available
- Projects submitted by government departments or agencies
- Projects that financially benefit a profit-making individual, organisation or government department
- Applications from anyone who has previously been given a grant by Council and has not acquitted that grant
- Applications received after the closing date
- Costs for insurance, lease or rent
- Festivals; however funding may be considered for activities that are an element of a festival, if appropriate.
There are two funding categories for this program.
Category 1 – Creative Project
This category supports local arts-based creative projects organised by individual artists and communities. Applicants can request up to $3,000.
Category 2 – Digital Marketing
This category is open to local community-focused arts organisations, groups and individuals. It provides funding for the production of digital marketing support, such as videography, photography, graphic design or web design. You must provide written quotes and contact details of any supplier you aim to use for reference checks. Suppliers must also be based in the Wollongong Local Government Area. Applicants can request up to $5,000.
For more information about this program, email us or call (02) 4227 7111.
- Online Services
- Household Recycling and Waste
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Roof Cleaning and Restoration
- On-site Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Addressing
- Wood Heaters
- Activity Applications
- Property Information
- Book a Space
Apply for a Grant
- Bands and Choirs
- Community Events
- Community Events Quick Response Grants
- Connecting Neighbours Grants
- Connecting Neighbours - Verge Garden Grants
- Creating Connections - High School Grants
- Creative Wollongong Quick Response Grants
- Economic and Industry Grants
- Heritage Grants
- Live Music Quick Response Grants
- Minor Donations
- NAIDOC Week Grants
- Small Cultural Grants
- Sports Grants
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details