Council is providing one-off grants to local not-for-profit organisations that provide emergency food and care packages to residents of our city experiencing hardship due to COVID-19.
This support will focus on organisations that provide emergency services, and have had a significant increase in demand as a result of the pandemic.
Funding will be used for costs associated with:
- Items purchased to be included in the food and/or care packages such as perishable and non-perishable food items, personal care and hygiene products, and 'groceries only' gift cards.
- Items required for the preparation of packages such as boxes, bags, labels and items related to COVID safety, for example gloves, hand sanitiser, masks.
- Distribution costs such as reimbursement of travel costs and van hire.
- Administrative costs up to 5%.
If you're part of a not-for-profit organisation that provides emergency support, read the details below then use the button at the bottom of the page to apply for a grant.
To apply for these grants, your organisation must:
- Be not-for-profit, i.e. do not earn profit for its owners, and all money earned through pursuing business activities or through donations goes back into running the organisation.
- Be an existing provider of services within the Wollongong Local Government Area.
- Already be providing emergency service such as food provision and care packages, or have a demonstrated ability to do so.
- Have the capacity to deliver the program within the agreed timeframe as stated in the terms of approval.
The following organisations are not eligible for this program:
- Organisations that are for-profit, commercial businesses
- Government Departments
- Non-Incorporated organisations
- Organisations that do not currently provide service to residents in Wollongong Local Government Area.
Up to four rounds of funding will be available during the 2021-2022 financial year (see the Key dates section of this page for the timing of each round).
There will be two funding streams available:
- Stream A: Emergency food provisions - total $100,000
- Stream B: Emergency care packages - total $100,000
Organisations can apply for up to $10,000 in each stream for Rounds 1 and 2.
Applications will be considered using the following criteria:
|Experience in delivering emergency food provisions and / or emergency care packages||20%|
|Ability to reach local Wollongong residents experiencing significant hardship as a result of COVID-19||20%|
|Ability to deliver in a timely way including existing resources to support||20%|
|Value for money of package||20%|
|Geographical coverage of delivery||10%|
The assessment process will be as follows:
- Applications will be considered by a review panel consisting of Council officers;
- Applications recommended for support will be presented to the General Manager for final approval
- Successful applicants will receive an agreement, outlining the terms of approval and the allocation of funds
- Grant recipients must be able to deliver within the agreed timeframe as specified in the guidelines.
If your application is successful, we will email you a letter of offer. This will outline the amount of funding approved, and the terms and conditions of the offer.
To receive funds, you will need to submit a signed letter of agreement and tax invoice with an Australian Business Number (ABN) to Council before any funds are released.
Successful applicants must also complete and submit the acquittal report by the due date. An acquittal form will be provided to you with the agreement.
Please note, Wollongong City Council will not be responsible for shortfalls in project budgets if the grant recipient is unable to meet project costs.
Round 1 key dates
|Applications open||11 August 2021|
|Applications close||25 August 2021|
|Successful applicants announced||27 August 2021|
|Projects to be completed||30 October 2021|
|Acquittals to be submitted||30 November 2021|
Round 2 key dates
|Applications open||11 October 2021|
|Applications close||25 October 2021|
|Successful applicants announced||28 October 2021|
|Projects to be completed||30 December 2021|
|Acquittals to be submitted||15 February 2022|
Key dates for future Rounds will be added to this page when they are confirmed.
Use the button below to apply for this program.
If you have any questions about this program, please email us or call (02) 4227 7111.
Finding emergency support services
Details of organisations providing emergency support through this program will be added to this page once successful applicants are confirmed.
If you’re looking for support, please check back from early September 2021 for updates.
You can also find support through these links:
- Household Recycling and Waste
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Roof Cleaning and Restoration
- On-site Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Book a Space
Apply for a Grant
- Bands and Choirs
- Community Events
- Community Events Quick Response Grants
- Connecting Neighbours Grants
- Connecting Neighbours - Verge Garden Grants
- Creating Connections - High School Grants
- Creative Wollongong Quick Response Grants
- Economic and Industry Grants
- Emergency Food and Care Support Grants
- Heritage Grants
- Live Music Quick Response Grants
- Minor Donations
- NAIDOC Week Grants
- Small Cultural Grants
- Sports Grants
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details