Native Plant Sale
The Wollongong Botanic Garden Greenplan Nursery has an extensive range of local trees, shrubs, ground covers and grasses, as well as worm farms and compost bins for sale.
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 restrictions the Friends of Wollongong Botanic Garden won't be attending or selling exotic species. We will hopefully be able to welcome them back in the near future.
For everyone’s safety, and help stop the spread and remain open, please note the following changes to our normal operations:
- Staff will be wearing face masks and we encourage all customers to wear one
- We will limit the number of customers within the nursery at any one time
- Sanitisation station available on arrival
- Only limited horticulturalist advice will be provided
- Keep your distance 1.5m at all times
- Contactless card payments preferred (no cash). We accept debit/credit card (except Amex) or cheque.
Please be patient and allow extra time for delays due to social distancing measures. 7.30am – 9am is usually our busiest time, so please consider arriving later if you can.
Plant selection advice:
Visit our web page a week prior to each sale for a list of species available and corresponding prices.
Due to social distancing measures to keep staff safe, we won't be able to provide the same level of horticulturist staff advice as we previously could so we recommend you plan head. You'll find great information on many of the plants we have available on the Growing Illawarra Natives website. You can also pick up a printed copy of the Growing Illawarra Natives or Edible Plant Guide on arrival.
Please note: this is a ratepayer subsidised service, so a current Wollongong City Council rates notice is required on the day as proof of residency.
The Wollongong Botanic Garden Greenplan Nursery is located on Northfields Avenue, Keiraville. The Nursery carpark entrance will be marked with bright flags on the day.