The links below are provided to assist local businesses responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
As conditions are changing quickly, you should monitor government announcements regularly for the latest advice and changes to rules for business operations.
- Australian Government website: essential information and updates related to COVID-19.
- Australian Government Treasury: support for businesses, including cash flow and financial relief
- Business.gov.au: Information, grants, services and support from across government to help your business succeed.
- Australian Taxation Office COVID-19 information
- Department of Health: updates and advice. You can also call the Department of Health on 1800 020 080.
- Australian Trade and Investment Commission: information for exporters. You can also call Austrade on 13 28 78 and follow the prompts for 'export enquiries' (within Australia).
- Services Australia: support and information to help people affected by coronavirus. Includes Centrelink and Medicare information.
- NSW Government 24 Hour COVID-19 Hotline: 13 77 88. Businesses impacted by COVID-19 can call 13 28 46.
- NSW Government COVID-19 information and advice for community and businesses in NSW
- NSW Government COVID-19 help for businesses
- Business Connect: free advisory services
- SafeWork NSW: Coronavirus advice and guidance for NSW workplaces
- Service NSW information for business and employees, or call 13 28 46
- Fair Trading: FAQs on customer and business rights
- NSW Health: updates and advice for those in the health sector
- NSW Food Authority: advice for food businesses
- Department of Planning, Industry & Environment: updates on development rules to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of the public during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Liquor & Gaming NSW: coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs for the liquor and gaming industries.
If you are looking to start a business, alter business operations to suit the changing situation, or just need general information about business planning rules, please see our Planning Research page. You can also email Council's Small Business Planning team for advice.
Assistance to Council's commercial tenants
To help businesses that are negatively impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Council will consider applications for rent relief from commercial tenants of premises owned or managed by Council. See our Assistance to Council Tenants page for details.
Business response webinar series
To support our local business community during the COVID-19 pandemic, Council partnered with the Illawarra Business Chamber to deliver a series of free webinars. Se our Business Response Webinars page for details.
More information including media releases, changes to Council services and local information is available on our COVID-19 Updates page.
- COVID-19 Information for Businesses
- Assistance to Council Tenants
- Invest Wollongong
- Business Information and Support
- Business Permits and Regulations
- Tenders, Quotations and EOIs
- Organise an Event
- Sponsor Local Communities
- Social Enterprises
- Aboriginal Businesses and Cultural Tourism