Creative Wollongong Short Film Competition: Terms and Conditions.
Below are the terms and conditions you must accept to take part in the Creative Wollongong Short Film Competition.
The Promoter of this competition is Wollongong City Council (‘Council’)
- The competition is only open to Australian citizens and permanent residents. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation.
- You must be residing in the Wollongong Local Government Area.
- You must be between the ages of 8 and 19 years.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must have parental/guardian approval to participate. Your parent/guardian must read and consent to these Terms & Conditions. Council will contact the relevant parent or guardian prior to awarding any prize or making any film available online.
- Council employees and their immediate family and household members are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- Competition opens at 10.00am (AEST) on 15 May 2020 and closes at midnight (AEST) on 18 July 2020 (‘Competition Period’). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- How to register: online, via Council’s website. Any entries not registered and submitted through the Wufoo form will be deemed invalid.
- Council reserves the right, at any time, to verify your details (including your age, identity and residency status) and to disqualify you if you don’t adhere to the Competition guidelines. Failure by Council to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If your details change during the Competition Period, you are responsible for notifying Council. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to email@example.com
- There is no cost to enter the Competition however internet connection and usage rates may apply. You should obtain details of such costs from your service providers. Council is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
- You must not enter more than once.
- The judges will select winners in each category after 18 July 2020 at Council’s Administration Building located at 41 Burelli Street, Wollongong NSW 2500.
- If there is any event that prevents or hinders Council’s conduct of the Competition or Council’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s of the Competition, Council may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
- The winning entries will be selected from all valid entries.
- The winning entries (‘Winners’) will be announced on the Creative Wollongong Facebook page and, at Council’s discretion, on its social media channels. Council will notify the Winners by e-mail and/or telephone after a decision has been made.
- Council’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding and the Council will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result, including in the event of a dispute.
To be eligible for a prize your 'Film’ must:
- only include children (under 18 years of age) if you have obtained consent from each child's parent or guardian to filming of the child and distribution of the Film on any media platforms including the internet.
- only include original material created by you, including (where applicable) any words, art, music, photographs, sound recordings or footage;
- be no more than 7 minutes in duration.
- The Winners must contact Council within 7 days of the Notification to claim the Prize and make arrangements to collect it (‘the Claim Period’). The Prize must be taken as stated, and is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- The Winners (or, if under the age of 18, their parent or guardian) may be required to verify their identity and residency status at the time of collecting the Prize.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Prize are not included. Redemption of the Prize is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
- If the Prize is not collected from Council within the Claim Period, Council reserves the right to offer the Prize to a substitute Winner selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Once the Prize has left Council’s Administration Building, Council takes no responsibility for the Prize being damaged, lost or stolen.
- Council may cancel or vary the Competition at any time. Council will not be responsible for any loss or costs you may incur in relation to such cancellation or variation.
- By entering the Competition, you release Council from, and indemnify Council against, all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage or injury whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition, or the use of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- All entries become property of the Promoter until after Council’s screening.
- By submitting your Film to Council, you grant Council a non-exclusive licence to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world for non-commercial purposes in your Film and all other material provided by you to Council pursuant to this Competition at any time.
- Without limiting the rights granted to Council under clause 12, you acknowledge the Promoter may exercise any of the following non-exclusive rights throughout the world:
- the right to communicate your Film in whole or in part to the public on any media platform.
- Your Film may be edited or adapted at any time by Council in order to:
- meet the requirements of broadcasting authorities;
- ensure your Film meets any legal or classification requirements or to avoid any breach of law;
- use your Film for promotional purposes.
- Council aims to ensure that any use of your Film not authorised by Council will not occur, however you acknowledge that Council is not equipped with mechanisms to prevent unauthorised use of your Film, and you accept that, to the extent allowable under the law, Council has no liability to you for how the end user elects to use your Film, and as such it may be permanently stored, reproduced, copied, distributed or the like, without recourse or remedy against Council.
Purpose of collection: Council will collect the personal information of individuals who enter the Competition in order to be able to contact the Winners and to communicate information about the screening of their films on social media platforms or as part of the planned short film festival.
Intended recipients: Council staff.
Supply: While the supply of personal information is voluntary, the information provided will enable your participation in the Competition.
Access / Correction: Your personal information may be accessed by you and Council. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to Wollongong City Council.
Storage: The personal information collected will be stored by Council for the purposes indicated above. However, any personal information may be disclosed as required by law.
Sport and Recreation
- Walking and Cycling
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
- Art and Culture
- City Centre
- Tourist Parks