Standing on the Ceiling is a fun, easy community project of joy and art.
This project will bring people together to sing and dance, and transform how we experience ourselves, each other and the places will live in a little differently, just for one moment.
The Standing on the Ceiling project will be led by:
- Jodi Phillis (Facilitating Composer): Australian and local iconic composer / musician / singer (The Clouds)
- Lisa Maris McDonnell (Facilitating Choreographer): innovative Australian and local movement artist
- Malika Reese (Facilitating Writer): writer, teacher and performer.
To get involved, come along to one of the events below.
You need to come to at least one of the rehearsals to be part of the group performing. And of course, everyone's welcome to come along and watch the performances!
Standing on the Ceiling events
Sport and Recreation
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
Art and Culture
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Public Art
- Creative Spaces
- Creative Dialogues
- Creative Wollongong Short Film Competition
- COVID Creations
- The Arts Precinct
- Standing on the Ceiling
- Viva la Gong
- Opportunities for Artists and Performers
- Wollongong CBD
- Tourist Parks