Standing on the Ceiling is a fun, easy community project of joy and art.
This project brings people together to sing and dance, and transform how we experience ourselves, each other and the places will live in a little differently, just for one moment.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, what started out as an in-person event turned into a digital project. We'd like to thank all the artists and community participants for their enthusiasm and resilience throughout this project.
The Standing on the Ceiling project was led by:
- Jodi Phillis (Facilitating Composer): Australian and local iconic composer / musician / singer (The Clouds)
- Lisa Maris McDonnell (Facilitating Choreographer): innovative Australian and local movement artist
- Malika Reese (Facilitating Writer): writer, teacher and performer.
Join us live at the Port Kembla Festival!
We're excited to bring you a live performance of Standing on the Ceiling at the Port Kembla Festival, presented by Holy Pavlova.
No events found. Please check back again soon.
Standing on the Ceiling video
Sport and Recreation
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Public Art
- Creative Wollongong Short Film Competition and Festival
- Standing on the Ceiling
- Spin Fest
- Creative Wollongong Studios
- Creative Dialogues
- ARt at Play Exhibition
- The Arts Precinct
- Viva la Gong
- Opportunities for Artists and Performers
- Wollongong CBD
- Tourist Parks