Due to Covid restrictions, we've pivoted this project to a digital format. We'll release a new digital community portrait in November 2021.
We'd like to thank all the artists and community participants for their enthusiasm and resilience in the development of this new digital phase of Standing On The Ceiling.
Standing on the Ceiling is a fun, easy community project of joy and art.
This project brings people together to sing and dance, and transform how we experience ourselves, each other and the places will live in a little differently, just for one moment.
The Standing on the Ceiling project will be led by:
- Jodi Phillis (Facilitating Composer): Australian and local iconic composer / musician / singer (The Clouds)
- Lisa Maris McDonnell (Facilitating Choreographer): innovative Australian and local movement artist
- Malika Reese (Facilitating Writer): writer, teacher and performer.
Standing on the Ceiling events
All public events are complete for now and we're working behind the scenes to make the digital work.
- Sport and Recreation
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Public Art
- Creative Wollongong Short Film Competition
- The Joyful Project
- Standing on the Ceiling
- Creative Spaces
- Creative Dialogues
- The Arts Precinct
- Viva la Gong
- Opportunities for Artists and Performers
- Wollongong CBD
- Tourist Parks