We have started a phased re-opening of The Vale Golf Course, however FootGolf bookings remain unavailable until further notice.
If you’re into golf or soccer, you’re going to love FootGolf!
FootGolf is available for ages 5+. It’s played just like golf, but with a football being kicked over nine holes.
FootGolf is loads of fun, and it’s ideal for casual games, social and school groups, kids’ parties and team building activities.
Try this growing sport at The Vale from 3 - 6pm Mondays to Thursdays, and noon to 6pm Sundays.
Call (02) 4283 5322 to book a FootGolf session.
It won’t take you long to get the hang of FootGolf!
What to wear
FootGolf players must wear a t-shirt.
Closed shoes are essential. Strictly no football boots or shoes with hard cleats.
Each player has their own soccer ball. You can bring your own, or book ours.
Make sure you can identify your ball easily (note the colour, any patterns etc).
We’ll also give you a scorecard and copy of the rules before you start.
There’s usually no referee, so players’ integrity and good sportsmanship is important.
- To start, each player takes a turn to kick their ball from a position up to two metres behind the tee markers.
- The ball must be kicked in a single movement with the side of your foot or toes. You are not allowed to push the ball with the top or bottom of your foot.
- Wait until the ball has completely come to rest before the next player takes their turn. Do not try to stop the ball (even if it’s windy).
- For each following turn, the player furthest from the hole kicks first. The second furthest from the hole kicks second, etc. The player with the ball closest to the hole kicks last.
- Always play the ball where it lies. Do not move the ball or try to remove any jammed objects. If two balls are close enough to disturb each other, one can be marked and raised.
- If the ball lands in a hazard you will get one penalty point. You can then move the ball to within two steps of the closest clear point from where the ball entered the hazard.
- If your ball lands in a golf green, pick it up and place it on the closest land point outside the green (not closest to the hole). Never play your ball from a golf green.
- Keep track on the scorecard of how many kicks you take to get your ball in the hole. Like ‘regular’ golf, whoever has the lowest number of kicks wins!
|Parent HierachyArea||Fee NameFee Name||GSTGST||Current Fee (incl. GST)Current Fee (incl. GST)|
|Parent HierachyRussell Vale Golf Course||Fee NameFootgolf – Adult 9 holes||GSTY||Current Fee$14.00|
|Parent HierachyRussell Vale Golf Course||Fee NameFootgolf – Under 16 9 holes||GSTY||Current Fee$9.50|
|Parent HierachyRussell Vale Golf Course||Fee NameFootgolf – Structured School Sport Group pre-booked||GSTY||Current Fee$7.50|
|Parent HierachyRussell Vale Golf Course||Fee NameFootgolf – Structured Junior Football Club Group pre-booked||GSTY||Current Fee$7.50|
|Parent HierachyRussell Vale Golf Course||Fee NameFootgolf – The Vale Golf Club under 16 Birthday Party Group pre-booked||GSTY||Current Fee$7.50|
Sport and Recreation
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
- Art and Culture
- City Centre
- Tourist Parks