All Wollongong City Libraries are temporarily closed until further notice due to NSW Health requirements.
Click and Collect FAQs
Click and Collect is available at all library locations.
You'll receive a notice via email or post once your item(s) are ready for collection at your selected library.
Then arrange a collection time using one of the options below.
1. Using the app
When your item's ready, the option to Click and Collect will appear in the 'Reservations' section of the app.
Use the app to let staff know when you will arrive at the library to collect your item(s).
2. Using a computer (desktop or laptop)
When you receive the email that your item is ready:
- Go to the Click and Collect Dashboard, log in using your library card number and PIN, then follow the prompts to tell us when you want to pick up the item(s); OR
- Call the library and tell us when you want to collect.
3. By phone
If you made a reservation by phone, just call us to arrange a pick up time when you get the notice to say your item is ready.
You can collect items at all library locations from 9.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday, and 9.30am - 1pm on Saturdays.
Return chutes remain open 24/7 at all locations.
Yes! You can use this service on your desktop computer or laptop.
Sign in to your library account on the Click and Collect Dashboard. Here you can view your reservations and let staff know when you'll arrive to collect them.
At each location, staff will place your item(s) on a table for your collection. This will be a 'contactless' collection method to minimise risk for staff and visitors. Please bring your ID so we can easily confirm your identity and provide your item quickly.
If you have any questions regarding collecting your items once you arrive at your library, please call that library for more information.
Members can borrow any items from our lending collections. This includes fiction, non-fiction, magazines, audiobooks, DVDs and music CDs.
You can borrow up to 50 items on your card.
You can borrow from any library location. You can also return your borrowed items to any of our libraries.
If an item you want to borrow isn't available right now, you can reserve it for free. We'll let you know when it's available, and put it on the reserve shelf for you to pick up.
You can also tell us which library you want to pick the item up from, and we'll bring it to that location for you.
The only items you can't reserve are our Fast Back Collection.
You can reserve up to 10 items on your card.
Log in to the catalogue to reserve an item, or talk to library staff for help.
Yes. Our libraries are temporarily closed, however, external return chutes are open 24/7 at all of our locations.
Your items will continue to be automatically extended until reopening. We will provide more information as it becomes available. You can continue to browse the catalogue, make reservations and access eResources via the Wollongong City Libraries app.
Please contact your local library if you any enquiries.
There are thousands of online eBooks, eAudiobooks, and magazines that you can access with just your library card. You will need your library card number (located under the barcode on the back of your card), as well as your PIN. If you don't know your PIN or have lost your card and don't know your number, please contact us to reset it.
Some of the digital library content we have is:
- BorrowBox, which offers both eBooks and eAudiobooks to borrow. You can borrow up to 8 of these at any time, as well as download them to listen offline. Listen and read online via your laptop, or download the BorrowBox app to listen on the go.
- Libby, which provides access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, and magazines. Search for your library by typing in "Wollongong City Libraries", enter your library details, and start listening today! For an on-the-go experience, you can download the Libby app on the play store.
- Indyreads, which is run by the State Library of NSW. You can read and listen to a selection of books by selecting "Wollongong City Libraries" and logging in with your library details.
- EBSCO contains eBooks and journals to browse and read free, requiring only your library card number.
- uLibrary is a source of hundreds of eAudiobooks to listen to right now - all you need is to log in with your library card number and PIN.
- NewsBank has all your digital newspaper needs from across Australia. All you'll need is your library card number to start reading.
- Kanopy offers movie and documentary streaming for free, all with just your library card. You will need to create a Kanopy account using your library card number to get started.
For younger library members:
- StoryBox Library. Anytime is story time with StoryBox! Listen to celebrities read stories, all from the comfort of your home. Make sure you log in using the 'library' option, as well as with the number on the back of your library card.
- LOTE online, a multilingual story time experience. Listen to stories in languages other than English by simply logging in with your library card number and selecting which language you want to hear.
Other online resources to look at are:
- The NSW Health website offers COVID-19 resources in community languages.
- Learn how to stay safe online and build your skills with Be Connected.
- Tech Savvy Seniors courses available via Telstra.
- The State Library of NSW offers thousands of online newspapers and magazines, as well as databases, in many languages. Join today to start reading!
If you have any questions on how to access any of our digital resources, please contact us.
No. Wollongong City Libraries are closed, and so we cannot provide access to computers at this time.
When our Libraries are open, unfortunately assistance cannot be provided due to physical distancing requirements.
Wollongong City Libraries are temporarily closed. All Library programs are postponed until further notice.
No, Wollongong City Libraries are temporarily closed.
- FAQs: Libraries and COVID-19
- Using the Library From Home
- Locations and Hours
- Home Library Service
- Wollongong City Libraries App
- Inclusive Libraries
- Community Information
- Rooms for Study or Hire
- Computers and Internet Access
- Print, Copy, Scan and More
- Library Plans and Policies