Wollongong Australia Day Awards – Terms and Conditions
The organiser for this awards program is Wollongong City Council (‘Council’)
Who can be nominated:
- All nominees must be Australian Citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
- Past residents of the Wollongong Local Government Area (LGA) may be nominated for the Wollongong to the World and eligible for the Lord Mayor’s award categories.
- For all other award categories, nominees must be current residents of the Wollongong LGA.
- Community groups must be based in and operating in the Wollongong LGA .
- Awards will not be granted posthumously.
- Sitting local, state and federal politicians are not eligible.
- Retired politicians will be considered for work undertaken in addition to their official duties.
- Unsuccessful nominees can be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Nominees must agree to be nominated . Nominees may be required to confirm the truth and accuracy of the information provided.
- Past winners will not be considered in the same category again.
Who can nominate:
- Nominations may be made by an individual or a representative of an organisation.
- A person may make multiple nominations - however each nomination must be submitted separately.
- Individuals cannot nominate themselves, however Community Groups can self-nominate.
How to nominate:
- All nominations must be submitted via the Wollongong Australia Day Awards online form. The link to the form is available on Council’s website. Nominations submitted in any other way will be deemed invalid and will not be considered.
- The details provided for the nominees’ application must be true and factual.
- The nominator may contact Council during the nomination process for advice or information.
- Nominations must be submitted between 5pm (AEST) Wednesday 8 September 2021 and 11:59pm (AEST) Monday 22 November 2021. Any nomination received outside these times will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- There is no cost to nominate for the Wollongong Australia Day Awards, however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Council is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
The vetting and judging process:
- The judging panel consists of the current members of the Wollongong Australia Day Committee.
- Council reserves the right to verify the nominee’s details (including your age and identity) and to disqualify you if you are not eligible to submit an entry. Even if Council does not immediately enforce these conditions, it reserves the right to do so at any time.
- No weight is given to the number of times a person is nominated.
- Nominees are responsible for notifying Council of any change in their contact details including place of residence. A request to make a change should be emailed to email@example.com
- The judging panel reserves the right to vary the category for which a person has been nominated if the panel members unanimously agree that a different category is more appropriate. The panel will notify the nominee of any such change.
- The judging panel's decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Notification of award nominees and award recipients:
- Nominees will be contacted by Council staff to confirm they have agreed to be nominated for the Wollongong Australia Day Awards. Instructions will be emailed directly to each nominee.
- Each nominee will be required to validate their identification to Council’s satisfaction.
- The winner of each award category will be announced at the Australia Day Awards presentation event.
- By submitting a nomination, You warrant that:
- you have the permission of the nominee (or, if the nominee is under 18 years, the permission of that nominee's parent or guardian) to nominate them.
- you will indemnify Council against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty.
- You grant Council a non-exclusive licence, royalty free, perpetual licence to exercise all intellectual property rights in your nomination and all other material provided by you to Council for the purpose of the Wollongong Australia Day Awards for non-commercial purposes.
Privacy Protection Notice
- Purpose of collection: Council will collect the personal information of individuals who submit a nomination and the nominee’s details for the purpose of the Wollongong Australia Day Awards.
- Intended recipients: (1) Council staff and the Wollongong Australia Day Committee for the purpose of judging the nominations. (2) Subject to the nominee's express consent, local Members of Parliament for the purpose of sending a congratulatory letter to the award recipient after the Awards presentation.
- Supply: The supply of personal information is voluntary to enable the Wollongong Australia Day Awards process.
- Access / Correction: Your personal information may be accessed by you and Council. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to Wollongong City Council.
- Storage: The personal information collected will be stored by Council for the purposes indicated above. However, any personal information may be disclosed as required by law.
Report an Issue
- Air or Water Pollution
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- Website Issues
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- COVID-19 Support Services Directory
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTIQ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Energy and Water