Who would you nominate for the Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards?
You have until 5pm, Tuesday 19 July to nominate someone for this year’s Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards.
The Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards is an important event that brings together Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama and Shoalhaven local government areas. It’s a unique event that offers an opportunity for communities, businesses and organisations to celebrate the contribution and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities who live in Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama and Shoalhaven.
This year, Wollongong City Council has the honour of hosting the prestigious awards with a dinner at the Fraternity Club, Fairy Meadow on Saturday 30 July.
Nominations now open!
Nominations are now open to recognise Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Non-Aboriginal achievement across the following categories:
- Aboriginal* Elder of the Year (male and female)
- Aboriginal Community Representative of the Year
- Aboriginal Young Achiever of the Year (male and female)
- Aboriginal Community Volunteer of the Year
- Aboriginal Organisation of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Reconciliation (Aboriginal or Non-Aboriginal).
Entries close at 5pm, Tuesday 19 July 2022. For more information and to submit a nomination, visit our NAIDOC Awards webpage.
*Note: 'Aboriginal' includes Torres Strait Islander people.