Wollongong passes Go on new Monopoly board
Christmas gifts are now sorted, with Wollongong on the gaming map thanks to the release of the official Wollongong Monopoly board game!
Monopoly is arguably the king of classic board games and residents and tourists can travel the board and visit favourite Wollongong landmarks like Mount Keira lookout, the Illawarra Performing Arts Centre or Crown Street while playing the Gong’s official Monopoly board game.
“Wollongong is really on the map now thanks to this classic board game,” Wollongong City Council General Manager (Acting) Kerry Hunt said.
“Forget Pall Mall, the Electricity Company or The Strand, with this game you’ve the chance to land on the Sea Cliff Bridge, Corrimal Beach or Wollongong Tourist Parks.
“Whether you’re a hoarder of hotels on Dark Blue properties or a collector of train stations, there’s something exciting about seeing the places we all know and love here in Wollongong decorate the board.
“I would suggest there will be quite a few Christmas stockings filled with the Wollongong Monopoly board games these holidays. My advice to those getting ready to play is to have a serious discussion about what house game rules are allowed, choose your game snacks wisely, and invite your friends and family to compete for board game glory.”
Winning Moves (the makers of licensed Monopoly editions), have spoken to local people and businesses to select the themes and iconic Wollongong locations.
The new MONOPOLY: Wollongong Edition is available now from leading toy retailers across the region. RRP $59.99.
Want to pick up your copy next time you visit the Wollongong CBD? We’ve collated a list of local retailers on the Wollongong CBD website.
- Brown: Nan Tien Temple, Wollongong Botanical Gardens
- Light Blue: Sublime Point Lookout, Mount Keira Lookout, Flagstaff Hill
- Pink: Wollongong Art Gallery, Illawarra Performing Arts Centre, Bike City
- Orange: Win Stadium, Win Entertainment Centre, Wollongong Tourist Parks
- Red: Wollongong Central, Crown Street, Church Street
- Yellow: Corrimal Beach, Wollongong Beach, North Wollongong Beach
- Green: University of Wollongong, The Builders Club, The Illawarra
- Dark Blue: Symbio Wildlife Park, Sea Cliff Bridge
- Transport: Dapto Station, Thirroul Station, Stanwell Park Station, Wollongong Station
- Utilities: Greater Bank, Bluescope Steel
- Community Chest: i98FM Illawarra Convoy