The Minister for Local Government has made an order to postpone the Local Government Elections until Saturday 4 December 2021.
Our current Councillors and Lord Mayor will continue to hold their civic offices until the elections.
Local Government elections in New South Wales are usually held every four years. However, the elections planned for 2020 were postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
We will update this page as more information is available.
For more information about these elections, please visit the NSW Electoral Commission website or call 1300 135 736.
If you're a resident in the Wollongong City Council Local Government Area you can check if your enrolment details are up to date with the Australian Electoral Commission.
If you are not a resident, you may still be entitled to vote if you own, occupy or lease property in the Wollongong City Council area as a corporation, business or individual.
You may register in your own right as an individual or as a nominated company officer (or equivalent) of a corporation. Registration is not compulsory.
Completed application forms should be sent to Council by email or by post to Locked Bag 8821, Wollongong DC NSW 2500.
Use the relevant form below for your application:
- Non Residential Roll Individual Application PDF, 337.34 KB
- Non Residential Roll Nominee Application PDF, 434.35 KB
Completed forms must be received by Council by 6pm, Monday 25 November 2021.
For more information on the non-residential roll, please read the Non Residential Rolls Fact Sheet PDF, 66.69 KB
- NSW Electoral Commission: Six steps to being a candidate
- Office of Local Government website
- Office of Local Government - Stand for your community: Candidate Guide
- Office of Local Government - Stand for your community: A Guide for Woman
- Office of Local Government - Stand for your community: A guide for Aboriginal and Torress Strait Islander People
- Office of Local Government - Stand for your community: A guide for culturally and linguistically diverse people
Women for Election
NSW has fewer female Councillors than any other Australian state. Women for Election Australia provides information and support to encourage more women to run for public office.
Online candidate training tool
If you're considering standing as a candidate, the Office of Local Government has launched a comprehensive online candidate training tool.
This interactive resource gives you detailed information about running for election and the roles and responsibilities of councils and councillors. It's designed to give election candidates the know-how to launch their election campaign and serve their community to the best of their ability if they are elected.
The 2021 election for Wollongong City Council will be managed by the NSW Electoral Commission.
People who would like to work at the September local government elections can now submit an application through the Commission’s 'expression of interest’ website.
Applicants can work on the day (Saturday 4 December) in a polling place, or for longer periods in a returning office or in one of the pre-poll voting centres.
For more information about working at elections, please visit the NSW Electoral Commission website or call 1300 135 736.
- Your Council Officials
- 2021 Local Government Elections
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Agency Information Guide
- Contracts Register
- Contracts Register - Class 1
- Contracts Register - Class 2
- Contracts Register - Class 3
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Designated Officers
- Development Application Register
- Development Consents
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Safety Reference Group
- Cycling Advisory Groups
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra Estuary Management Committee
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land