Use space to open navigation items
Wollongong City Council

Caravans and Boats

Wollongong does not have any dedicated caravan or boat parking spaces in public areas.

Caravans, motor homes and boat trailers that are registered can park on streets as long as they're not heavy vehicles (see below). Normal parking rules apply.

If you’re looking for a place to stay in your caravan, check out our Tourist Parks at Bulli, Corrimal and Windang.

What is a heavy or long vehicle?

Some caravans, motor homes and boats may be considered heavy vehicles and / or long vehicles.

Heavy vehicle means a vehicle with a GVM (gross vehicle mass) of more than 4.5 tonnes.

Long vehicle means a vehicle that, together with any load or projection, is 7.5 metres long, or longer.

Heavy vehicles and long vehicles generally cannot be parked on a street in a built-up area for more than one hour.

You can read about rules that apply to these types of vehicles using the links below: