Social enterprises are organisations that work to address social issues in our community. This includes issues like unemployment or social exclusion, which often impact the most disadvantaged people in our community.
Social enterprises are important in building an economy that is inclusive, fair, stable and sustainable. They do this by:
- Working towards goals that benefit the public or community
- Reinvesting profits and other resources to support their mission
- Providing social, environmental, cultural and/or economic benefits.
Wollongong City Council supports and encourages local social enterprises that work in our community.
Local social enterprises are shown below. If you'd like to know more, click on the organisation's name to visit their website.
Please note that details may change without notice.
- Commercial Window Cleaning
- EVOLVE Communities Pty Ltd
- Flagstaff Group
- Fred's Bush Tucker
- Gecko Engraving and Signage
- Green Connect (pictured)
- Greenacres Enterprises
- Illawarra Aboriginal Corporation
- Illawarra Local Aboriginal Land Council
- JB Painting Contractors
- Mission Australia
- Port Kembla Community Project
- Ratha's Place
- Resource Recovery Australia
- Scarf Incorporated
- Southern Youth and Family Services
- Soft Landing
- The Disability Trust
- The Illawarra Itec Ltd
- The Red Kitchen
- WinWin Parenting
If you're part of a local social enterprise not listed above, we'd love to hear from you. Please email or call us on (02) 4227 7111.
- COVID-19 Information for Businesses
- Invest Wollongong
- Business Information and Support
- Business Permits and Regulations
- Tenders, EOIs and Quotations
- Organise an Event
- Sponsor Local Communities
- Social Enterprises