Wollongong City Council is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers, business contacts, Councillors, employees, contractors and volunteers. Council manages the personal and health information it collects, stores, accesses, uses and discloses in the course of its business activities ethically and appropriately, and in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and Council’s Privacy Management Plan PDF, 143.91 KB.
Council will store your personal information in an appropriately secure format and will hold it for archival purposes in accordance with relevant legislation. If the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected, it will be deleted.
Council engages a number of service providers who provide software, website, internet services and computer systems through which council may collect, store or process your personal information. On occasion our providers may have access to your personal information to facilitate services on behalf of Council. Council ensures that our providers adhere to the same legislative requirements in relation to Privacy as well as our Privacy Management Plan PDF, 143.91 KB.
More detailed information on what personal information is, how we collect it and how we handle your personal information in particular circumstances is detailed below.
If you have any enquiries concerning privacy and how your personal information is handled by Council, please call us on (02) 4227 7111.
- IP and server addresses of the computer you use to access Council’s website
- browser type and operating system you use
- date, time and duration of your visit to the site
- pages visited
- documents downloaded.
- email address you provide for email newsletters
- other personal information provided in order to require services online.
- Provision of feedback is always voluntary and does not affect access to the website.
- to better understand how you interact with our services
- to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services
- to improve our services.