Our Community Recycling Centre is still open for essential recycling drop-offs only. Before visiting, please ask yourself "is this essential?"
- Everyone must register when entering the site. QR codes are available.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Social distancing rules must be followed.
- Traffic control will be in place for the safety of our customers and staff. Please be patient as there may be slight delays.
You must also follow any other NSW Health rules that apply at the time of your visit.
For updates on other Council services, please see our Coronavirus Updates page.
Our Community Recycling Centre (CRC) is a free and easy way to recycle problem waste from your household. Items are handled so they don’t harm the environment.
The CRC also accepts regular household recyclables like cardboard, paper, steel cans, rigid plastic bottles and containers, and glass bottles and jars.
Our CRC is a NSW EPA Waste Less Recycle More project funded from the waste levy.
The centre is located at our waste disposal depot at Kembla Grange. Turn right at the roundabout before the weighbridge and follow the signs.
The Community Recycling Centre accepts:
- Computers, televisions, printers, scanners, smoke detectors and mobile phones
- Gas bottles and fire extinguishers
- Fluoro globes and tubes
- Household and car batteries
- Motor and other oils
- Scrap metal – this includes many whitegoods made mostly of metal, like microwaves, washing machines, dryers and dishwashers.
- Cardboard, paper and mixed recyclables that won’t fit in your yellow bin
- X-ray film (please remove it from the envelope and place it in the bin marked 'Waste Film Only').
Dangerous goods or items not listed above won’t be accepted.
Items must be in household quantities. Except for larger fridges and freezers, items should be no larger than 20kg or 20 litres.
- Weekdays 7.30am to 4.30pm
- Weekends and public holidays (including Good Friday) 8am to 4pm.
The Community Recycling Centre is closed on Christmas Day.
- Household Recycling and Waste
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Roof Cleaning and Restoration
- On-site Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Book a Space
Apply for a Grant
- Bands and Choirs
- Community Events
- Community Events Quick Response Grants
- Connecting Neighbours Grants
- Creating Connections - High School Grants
- Economic and Industry Grants
- Emergency Food and Care Support Grants
- Heritage Grants
- Live Music Quick Response Grants
- Minor Donations
- NAIDOC Week Grants
- Small Cultural Grants
- Sports Grants
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details