North Wollongong Surf Club and Seawall
We're refurbishing the 85-year-old North Wollongong Surf Club building, and building a new seawall onto the beach.
This work will improve accessibility, safety and functionality of the building for our surf life saving volunteers, and protect the building from harsh coastal conditions.
The seawall part of the project will be done in stages to reduce the impact on the North Beach area.
The works that are expected to be finished by mid-2022 include:
- Reconfiguring internal spaces
- Installing an elevator to provide DDA compliant access to the whole building
- Constructing additional balcony areas
- Plus, other works including asbestos removal, structural works , replacement of doors and windows, installation of new wall linings, accessible toilet installation, ceiling replacement, complete electrical and lighting upgrade.
- Replacement of existing wall in front of the Surf Club.
- New seating, fencing, landscaping, lighting and stormwater upgrades.
An artist's impression of the work is shown above.
You can also read our media release for more information.
This project is proudly funded by the NSW Government in association with Wollongong City Council.
Please note: project dates and details may change without notice. If you need to confirm any details for this project, call Council on (02) 4227 7111.