Check out these free resources at your library to make getting through the HSC a little easier!
Meet your new secret study weapon: Studiosity.
Studiosity is a free online service for students from Year 3 to Year 12 that gives you:
- On-demand homework and study help from qualified teachers, professional tutors and university specialists.
- Online chat to ask questions any time you're stuck or need extra help
- The ability to send your assignment through for feedback before you hand it in
- Help with online searches and finding good study resources.
You can also use Studiosity for help with your CV, job application and interview tips, speech writing and public speaking.
Studiosity is available 24/7, and all you need is your library card to log in. If you're not a member yet, join the library for free to use this and other great online services.
You can access Studiosity from home, or come and use our library computers.
Our collection includes plenty of items you can use in the library, or borrow and take home, including:
- Study notes and guides on a wide range of subjects including English, maths, sciences, religion and legal studies
- Sample PIPs (Personal Interest Projects) from past years
- Non-fiction materials for study and research
- Classic and contemporary fiction, including many English syllabus texts
- Our Local Studies collection for historical and current information about Wollongong and the Illawarra.
We've put together a list of handy links for common HSC subjects to help you get started with your research.
- Australian Red Cross Blood Service: learn how donated blood is used
- Diseases and conditions from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- DNA Interactive learning center
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Business Studies HSC Syllabus including assessment and exam materials.
Design and Technology
- Design and Technology HSC Syllabus, including assessment and exam materials.
- Australian Poetry Library
- Discovery Related Texts
- myShakespeare: full-text interactive editions that replace traditional resources with multimedia resources
- Poems and Poets from the Poetry Foundation
- Prescriptions: Modules, Electives and Texts, including an alphabetical list of HSC texts for 2019 - 2023
- Related Texts for the Area of Study - Discovery
- History Teachers' Association of NSW
- Perseus Digital Library: covers the history, literature and culture of the Greco-Roman world
- The Anzac Portal
Information and Support
- Art of Smart: HSC resources, study plans and exam tips
- CSU Guide for HSC Students: past exams, study guides, tips and free resources for each subject or stream
- Essay Writing - The Basics
- HSC Exams: past exam papers and examination resources
- Online Multiple Choice: sample multiple choice questions for HSC students
- Open Textbook Library: free openly-licensed textbooks you can download in PDF or e-book files
- Syllabuses, Support Documents and Specimen HSC exams from the Board of Studies
- Find Legal Answers co-ordinated by the Legal Information Access Centre at the State Library of NSW
- Legal Studies - virtual library
- Wolfram Alpha: a computational search engine
Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE)
Society and Culture
- Making Multicultural Australia for the 21st Century
- Personal Interest Project Extract Index: extracts of award-winning PIPs
- Society and Culture Association NSW
Need a quiet space to study by yourself or in a small group?
We have desks at all of our libraries, and study rooms at Wollongong, Corrimal, Dapto and Thirroul. See our Rooms for Study or Hire page for details.
Events for HSC Students
We hold help sessions and presentations for HSC students throughout the year. Upcoming HSC events are shown below.