Report an issue
For urgent Council-related problems, call us on (02) 4227 7111. This is also our after-hours number.
Use the buttons below to report a problem or track a request, or pick a topic to learn more.
Common issues not managed by Council
Below are details of where you can report some common issues that we don't handle.
To report issues that relate to COVID-19 and Public Health Orders, please call the Police Assistance Line on 13 14 44 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Endeavour Energy looks after street lights in our city. You can report problems to them:
- On the Endeavour Energy website, or
- Call 131 003.
Transport for NSW looks after state and main roads like the M1 Princes Motorway, Bulli Pass and Lawrence Hargrave Drive.
If you want to check if a road is managed by Council or Transport for NSW, call us on (02) 4227 7111.
If you find needles or syringes on private land, call the Needle Exchange on (02) 4275 1529.
This service is based at Port Kembla Hospital and operates between 8 am and 5.30 pm Monday to Friday. They can quickly arrange collection by a qualified person in most cases during these hours.
If you feel ok about handling the discarded needle or syringe safely, follow these steps:
- Place the needle in a strong puncture-proof container with a lid. Don't use a glass container as it can break.
- Carry the container to the needle, place the needle inside the container and ensure the lid is on tightly.
- Call the Needle Exchange to arrange for pick up or take to a drop off location.
You can also find details of local pharmacies that accept syringes for disposal on The Safe Sharps website.
Report an Issue
- Air or Water Pollution
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- Website Issues
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- COVID-19 Support Services Directory
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTIQ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Energy and Water