These are services you can use if you find it hard to communicate in English.
Language aides are people who work at Council and can speak languages other than English. They are not professional interpreters, but can help customers who are dealing with Council.
We currently have language aides for:
- AUSLAN (sign)
There is no cost to use our language aides.
Please ask our staff if you’d like a language aide to help you.
Council has an interpreter service that can help you with face-to-face language support.
Interpreters can work with you to communicate with government, community groups or private businesses.
See our Interpreters page for details of available languages, costs, and how to make a booking.
Translations are language interpretations made in writing. Our interpreter service does not offer written translations.
You can get written translations through Service NSW. For more information see their website, call 13 77 88 or visit the Wollongong office at 90 Crown Street, Wollongong.
You can use the Australian Government’s Translating and Interpreting Service to deal with Council in languages other than English.
To phone Council using this service, call 13 14 50 and ask them to connect you to Wollongong City Council on (02) 4227 7111.
For more information visit the Translating and Interpreting Service website.
Documents in community languages
- Language Aide Translation in Greek PDF, 116.99 KB
- Language Aide Translation in Italian PDF, 92.96 KB
- Language Aide Translation in Macedonian PDF, 112.38 KB
- Language Aide Translation in Polish PDF, 109.02 KB
- Language Aide Translation in Serbian PDF, 103.88 KB
- Language Aide Translation in Spanish PDF, 68.19 KB
- Language Aide Translation in Turkish PDF, 94.48 KB
- How Can We Help Our Environment - Arabic PDF, 6224.44 KB
- How Can We Help Our Environment - Chinese PDF, 6323.46 KB
- How Can We Help Our Environment - Macedonian PDF, 6172.29 KB
- Managing our waste wisely - Arabic PDF, 1324.27 KB
- Managing our waste wisely - Chinese PDF, 1533.75 KB
- Managing our waste wisely - Macedonian PDF, 1309.69 KB
- Customer Service FAQs in Arabic PDF, 2033.42 KB
- Customer Service FAQs in Chinese PDF, 2566.37 KB
- Customer Service FAQs in Macedonian PDF, 2036.31 KB
We also have a list of questions we are asked a lot with simple answers on our Common Questions in Easy English page.
Videos in community languages
- Household Rubbish
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Onsite Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Book a Space
- Apply for a Grant
- Language Services
- Update Your Details