Our city's household waste goes to Wollongong Waste and Resource Recovery Park – also known as Whytes Gully.
- Weekdays 7.30am to 4.30pm
- Weekends and public holidays (including Good Friday) 8am to 4pm
The waste depot is closed on Christmas Day.
See our Fees and Charges page for the full list of waste fees, including commercial, business and special waste.
Please note, due to public health concerns relating to Coronavirus, payment by card only (not cash) will be accepted until further notice.
Pensioner Concession Card holders
If you live in the Wollongong City Council area and hold a current Pensioner Concession Card, you don’t have to pay tipping fees for loads of 100kg or less of:
- General waste – up to two times each financial year
- Green waste – up to two time each financial year.
For loads over 100kg, you will only be charged for the portion greater than 100kg. For example, for a load of 120kg, a fee will only apply to 20kg.
To use this rule, the Pensioner Concession Card holder must be present and provide:
- Their current Pensioner Concession Card, and
- Photo identification with proof of their residential address.
After you’ve used the maximum number of visits for the financial year, normal fees will apply.
Please note, due to public health concerns relating to Coronavirus, we are currently accepting payment by card only until further notice.
Cash payments are not accepted.
If you're bringing items to our waste depot, follow these simple steps to help save you time and possibly money!
- Sort your items. Separate your recyclables and items that can go to our Community Recycling Centre (CRC) from green waste and general waste. You can find details of accepted green waste on our Household Rubbish page.
- Load carefully. Pack your car or trailer with recyclables and CRC items last, so they're on top. Drop these items off first - turn right at the roundabout before the weighbridge to unload them for free. Then head over the weighbridge with any green or general waste.
- Cover your load. If your'e using a trailer, ute, or other open-top vehicle to bring items to the waste depot, make sure your waste is securely covered to avoid littering or even being fined.
Wollongong Waste and Resource Recovery Park does not accept building or demolition waste.
There are several companies in our area that deal with builders' waste - search online or look for 'Waste disposal and reduction services' in the Yellow Pages.
- Household Rubbish
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Onsite Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Book a Space
- Apply for a Grant
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details