Now, more than ever, our local businesses need your support. Here’s how you can Shop the Gong and get behind your community this Christmas:
Easy ways to support your local
Found a great local business with a unique product or amazing service? Spread the word!
- Tell a friend in person, and share your purchase on your own social channels.
- Find your favourite businesses on Facebook or Instagram, and share their posts too!
- Don't forget to use #weshopthegong on your posts, and tag the We Shop the Gong Facebook and Instagram pages to help the community find a great local business too.
- If you're sharing an Instagram story, search 'weshopthegong' to find our ready to use stickers.
- Turning on your location on your device, to ensure localised search results.
- Adding the words 'near me' to your search, for example 'formal wear near me'.
- Adding the words 'in Wollongong' to your search, for example 'hairdresser in Wollongong'
- Before you spend this Summer, stop and think local first. From tradies to accountants, butchers to bakers, Wollongong is home to 14,000 small businesses ready to help you.
- Head to your main street: Not sure where to start? Try a visit to your local main street or shopping centre, before heading out of the area.
- Ask around: Phone a friend, or pop a question on your Facebook page to get real recommendations from locals you trust.
- If you've had a great experience in a local business, let the world know!
- Five minutes is all it takes to leave a glowing review on a business Google listing, or Facebook page.
- You'll make an instant impact, and help that business to find new customers.
Grab easy graphics
Help spread the word by sharing a We Shop the Gong graphic to your own social accounts. Try our fun instant image generator, or download ready to use templates.
Real people, real stories
Share the love
Tag us on Instagram and Facebook when you shop local @weshopthegong or use #weshopthegong.
Stay up to date
Subscribe here to get campaign news straight to your inbox.