For most developments, you will need one or more building inspections during construction work.
The letter provided with your Construction Certificate or Complying Development Certificate will explain what inspections are needed for your project.
Some of the most common inspections needed for residential development include:
- Site inspections before the start of work
- Inspections of footings, piers and slabs before concrete is poured
- Framework inspection
- Waterproofing of wet areas
- Stormwater drainage before it is covered
- Final inspection before occupation.
Building inspections are usually done by your Principal Certifying Authority. If this is Council, you can book an inspection with us by calling (02) 4227 7111. Make sure you book at least 24 hours before your inspection is needed.
- Types of Development
Planning and Development Policies
- State and Regional Planning Policies
- Local Environmental Plans
- Development Control Plan
- Development Contributions
- Planning Proposals
- Development on Bush Fire Prone Land
- Flooding, Stormwater and Development
- Caravan Parks, Camping Grounds and Manufactured Home Estates
- Fire Safety
- Lodge a Development Application
- View an Application
- Development Assessments
- Construction and Works