We have a Beach and Foreshore Access Strategy PDF, 13501.62 KB which supports people with disability accessing our beaches and foreshore areas.
Beach-friendly wheelchairs are also available at Stanwell Park, Thirroul, Austinmer and Port Kembla beaches. These wheelchairs can be used during patrol hours.
People using beach wheelchairs must be accompanied by a carer.
To book our beach wheelchairs please call (02) 4227 7268.
We've also rolled out beach matting at Thirroul and Austinmer beaches to help people with disability, limited mobility or prams enjoy the beach.
Visit our Beaches page for location details and surf safety tips.
We've added several accessible features at Austinmer Beach so everyone can enjoy this popular location. This includes:
- Accessible parking
- Beach matting available at all times unless there has been a weather event
- Beach wheelchair. This can be booked by calling (02) 4227 7268
- Continuous accessible paths of travel:
- from the accessible parking to the accessible public toilet with adult change facility in Austinmer Beach Bathers Pavilion
- from the accessible parking to some of the picnic tables and chairs.
Austinmer Beach Bathers Pavilion
Accessible features at Austinmer Beach Bathers Pavilion include:
- A unisex accessible public toilet with:
- height-adjustable adult-sized change table
- 24 hour access
- left hand transfer
- tracking hoist system (MLAK key required) - you need to bring your own sling to use with the hoist.
- Accessible shower with hot water (MLAK key required)
- Accessible parking is available near the toilet.