Home Composting Program Conditions
- This program is for residents who live in unit blocks with 12 or more units. At least 4 units must be willing to take part for blocks of 12, or at least 8 units for blocks of 20 or more.
- Department of Housing blocks and Illawarra Retirement Trust blocks are not eligible for this program. Residents in these types of unit blocks can call (02) 4227 7111 or email us if they'd like advice, or to arrange a workshop.
- If a worm farm is provided, it is up to the resident/s to provide their own worms. These can be purchased at most hardware stores, and some garden centres.
- Residents who order an item for use solely within their own unit must attend the workshop before they can receive their item.
- Participation in this program, and the final decision about what compost or worm farm equipment will be provided, is at the discretion of Council's Green Team.