Shopping second hand is a great way to reduce waste, keep items out of landfill, and save money.
Op shops, garage sales, markets and online sites have lots of great second hand options available for clothes, furniture, homewares and much more.
Some current second hand shopping options are shown below. This is provided as a guide only, and we can’t guarantee it’s correct.
If you have any questions, contact the organisations listed below, or search online for more information.
Based at our waste depot, the Revolve Centre recovers and sells useable goods to save them from going to landfill. Drop in to find books, homewares, furniture, sporting goods and more.
Explore local op shops and second hand stores using the map or list below.
Please note, details may change with no notice, and we can't guarantee this information is correct at all times.
|Salvos Helensburgh||1/123-127 Parks Street||4294 9059||9am - 5pm Mon to Sat|
|Vinnies Thirroul||1/273 Lawrence Hargrave Drive||0447 501 702||10am - 4pm Mon to Fri|
10am - 3pm Sat
10am - 2pm Sun
|Salvos Woonona||17 Luxor Street||4283 2574||9am - 5pm Mon to Sat|
|Uniting Church Op Shop Corrimal||165 Princes Highway||4284 5356||10am - 4pm Mon to Fri|
|Lifeline Shop Corrimal||191 - 193 Princes Highway||4283 6957||10m - 4pm Mon to Fri|
9.30am - 2.30pm Sat
|Vinnies Corrimal||67 Railway Street||4283 5033||9am - 4pm Mon to Fri|
10am - 1pm Sat
|Vinnies Fairy Meadow||1/138 Princes Highway||4283 1103||9am - 4pm Mon to Fri|
10am - 1pm Sat and Sun
|Salvos Fairy Meadow||1/79 Princes Highway||4283 1103||9am - 5pm Mon to Sat|
|Anglicare North Wollongong||71 Montague Street||8774 7467||9am - 4.30pm Mon to Fri|
9am - 3pm Sat
|University of Wollongong Alumni Bookshop (Innovation Campus).||Building 210, north end of Innovation Way||4221 5977||10.30am - 2.30pm Thurs and Sat (call first)|
|University of Wollongong Alumni Bookshop (main campus)||Building 15, Gwynneville||4221 5977||10.30am - 2.30pm Mon to Thurs|
|Vinnies Wollongong||Crown St Mall, 127 Crown Street||4228 7549||9am - 4pm Mon to Fri|
10am - 1pm Sat
|Australian Red Cross Op Shop Wollongong||54-60 Burelli Street||4225 2813||10am - 4pm Mon to Fri|
9am - 12pm Sat
|Lifeline Shop Wollongong||19 Auburn Street||4228 0403||10am - 4pm Mon to Fri|
9.30am - 2.30pm Sat
|Save the Children Wollongong||283 Keira Street||4227 6936||9am - 4.45pm Mon to Fri|
9am - 2.45pm Sat
|Salvos Wollongong||48 Kenny Street||4228 5644||9am - 5pm Mon to Sat|
|Green Connect Op Shop Unanderra||37 Princes Highway||4243 1537||9am - 4.30pm Mon to Fri|
9am - 2pm Sat
|Salvos Unanderra||9 Nudjia Road||4272 7528||9am - 5pm Mon to Sat|
|Berkeley Life Centre Second Chance Op Shop||Shop 3, 34 Winnima Way||0400 357 460||9.30am - 4.30pm Mon to Fri|
9.30am - 1pm Sat
|Revolve Centre||Wollongong Waste and Resource Recovery Park, Reddalls Road, Kembla Grange||4227 7111||7.30am - 4pm Mon to Fri|
8am - 4pm Sat and Sun
|DAC Op Shop Brownsville||Dandaloo Shopping Centre, 41-49 Brownsville Ave||4261 1001||10am - 4pm Mon to Fri|
9.30am - 11.30am Sat
|Salvos Dapto||Shop 2, 78 Prince Edward Drive||4262 8102||9am - 5pm Mon to Sat|
|Uniting Church Op Shop Dapto||7/110 Princes Highway||4261 7795||9am - 3.30pm Mon to Fri|
9am - 12pm Sat
|Anglicare Dapto||16 Marshall Street||8774 7467||9am - 4.30pm Mon to Fri|
10am - 2pm Sat
|Vinnies Warrawong||250 Cowper Street||4274 0642||9am - 4pm Mon to Fri|
9.30am - 12.30pm Sat
|Salvos Warrawong||Shops 116-119 (upstairs) Warrawong Plaza||4274 5609||9am - 5pm Mon to Sat|
You can also get information about store locations and hours for larger charity organisations on the websites below:
If you're building or renovating and want to add some unique features, try using second hand building materials.
Our Revolve Centre has lots of reclaimed buidling materials, like doors, windows, wood, metal, sinks and more.
There are several local groups that offer second hand goods for sale or trade. Some even provide items for free!
Please note that we don't endorse any particular organisations. These links are provided as a guide only, and details may change without notice.
- Freecycle Illawarra
- Oz Recycle
- Sydney and Illawarra LETS - trade without money
- Doll and Bear Rescue - contact the Wollongong Doll Club Inc on (02) 4229 7010 or (02) 4261 5263.
You can also find many local buy and sell groups on Facebook.
Many of the regular markets in our area include stallholders who sell pre-loved items.
Please note, we don't endorse any particular market,. This information is provided as a guide only, and details may change without notice.
- Bulli Showground Markets on the first, third, fourth and fifth Sunday of each month from 9am - 2pm
- Coledale Markets on the fourth Sunday of each month at Coledale Primary School 9am - 3pm
- Dapto Showground Market every Sunday 7am - 1pm
- Eat Street Wollongong in Crown Street Mall every Thursday 5 - 9pm and at Bulli Showground the last Friday of the month 5 - 9pm
- Eats & Beatz at Bulli Showground on the first Friday of each month from 5 - 9pm
- Foragers Markets in Crown Street Mall every Friday 9am - 2pm, and the second Sunday of the month at Bulli Showground 9am - 2pm
- Puckeys Night Market (see Facebook page) at UOW Innovation Campus, last Wednesday of the month 4 - 9pm
- Red Point Art on the Grass every second Saturday of the month 10am - 2pm, 100 Wentworth Street, Port Kembla
- Warrawong Markets every Saturday 7am - 1pm
Report an Issue
- Air or Water Pollution
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- Website Issues
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- COVID-19 Support Services Directory
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTIQ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Energy and Water