Standard Conditions for Street Parties
- Each road affected by the closure approval shall be restored to full and uninterrupted traffic flow before the end of the closure.
- The road shall be cleared sufficiently to allow emergency vehicle access to properties within the closure area. For this reason, no barbeques, heavy tables or other heavy equipment is to be set up on the road pavement.
- You are required to advertise the road closure in the local newspaper at least 7 days before the street party, for example:
Temporary Road Closure - Owen Street, Bulli
Date: 6 December 2019
Time: 2pm - 7pm
Event: Street Party
- Council will notify Emergency Services and NSW Police.
- NSW Police directions are to be strictly adhered to.
- See our typical road closure setup for a street party PDF, 51.4 KB. Note that vehicles will be required to be parked across the roadway at each closure point.
- Council is not able to provide any of the following equipment, and you should arrange these items for your event. There are several local suppliers.
|Regular street equipment requirements||Cul-de-sac street equipment requirements|
|6 barrier legs||3 barrier legs|
|12 road barriers||6 road barriers|
|2 'Road Closed' signs||1 'Road Closed' sign|
|4 flashing lights||2 flashing lights|
The flashing lights must be fixed to the barriers and operating before sunset.