Simply put, corporate governance is the framework of how we run things.
It is the rules and practices that Council uses to make sure we are accountable, fair and transparent in our relationship with all of our stakeholders. This includes the community, suppliers, and the government, as well as our Councillors, management and employees.
Our Codes of Conduct set the minimum standards of conduct for Council officials. They explain the standards of conduct we expect.
They also provide a guide for Council officials to act honestly, exercise a reasonable degree of care and diligence, and act in a way that enhances public confidence in Council.
You can read our Codes of Conduct below:
The Fraud and Corruption Prevention policy PDF, 71.65 KB sets out our commitment to reduce and manage fraud and corrupt conduct. It outlines what we do to prevent, detect and respond to corruption.
All staff must be above fraud and corruption. We work to build an organisation that does not tolerate fraud or corruption. We do this through:
- Transparent and accountable decision making
- Open discussion by staff and managers about the risks of fraud and corruption.
If you have any concerns about the conduct of a Council official, we encourage you to contact Council’s Professional Conduct Coordinator.
Council has an independent Professional Conduct Coordinator who investigates complaints against Council staff and services.
- Your Council Officials
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Contracts Register
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Development Application Register
- Development Consents
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Information Registers
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Safety Reference Group
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra Estuary Management Committee
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land