Your Council Officials
The City of Wollongong is led by a Lord Mayor and 12 Councillors.
The Lord Mayor and Councillors meet regularly to make decisions about policies, services and important issues. Council staff then work to make sure Councillors’ decisions are put into action.
Councillors do not make decisions about Development Applications.
Our city is divided into three Wards, with four Councillors elected from each Ward. The Lord Mayor is elected by voters across all three Wards.
Councillor Gordon Bradbery AM
Lord Mayor Councillor Gordon Bradbery AM comes to Wollongong City Council from a strong background in the community. A previous Uniting Church Minister, he has been heavily involved in mental health, aged care and homelessness charities and organisations.
Cr Bradbery was made a Member of the Order of Australia, for significant service to local government, to the community of the Illawarra, and to the Uniting Church.
He has been Lord Mayor since September 2011 and chairs the Illawarra Shoalhaven Joint Organisation of Councils.
Contact the Lord Mayor's Office
- Phone (02) 4227 7111
- Email the Lord Mayor
Councillors for Ward 1 are:
- Councillor Mithra Cox
Email Councillor Cox
- Councillor Janice Kershaw
Email Councillor Kershaw
- Councillor Richard Martin
Email Councillor R Martin
- Councillor Cameron Walters
Email Councillor Walters
Ward 2 covers the central part of our Council area. For location details, see our Ward 2 map PDF, 1987.44 KB, or search our and click on an address to find out which ward you're in.
Councillors for Ward 2 are:
Councillors for Ward 3 are:
You can search for an address using our online map to find out which Ward a property is in.
Alternatively, see the PDF maps below.
- Your Council Officials
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Agency Information Guide
- Contracts Register
- Contracts Register - Class 1
- Contracts Register - Class 2
- Contracts Register - Class 3
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Designated Officers
- Development Application Register
- Development Consents
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Safety Reference Group
- Cycling Advisory Groups
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra Estuary Management Committee
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land