They're often called 'bike tracks', but it's important to remember that these paths are for there for all to share.
- Keep left. If you need to overtake slower traffic, look before you make a move.
- Pedestrians have right of way. If you're on a bike, slow down and give way to pedestrians.
- Use a bell or your voice to let other track users know you’re nearby.
- Don’t block the path. If you need to stop, move off the path.
- Keep dogs on your left and on a short lead.
For more tips, download our Share the Path flyer PDF, 246.27 KB.
You'll also find some great resources for bike riders on our Info for Cyclists page.
Report an issue
If you find a problem with one of our shared pathways, like cracked or broken surfaces, you can report it using the link for 'footpath and cycleway damage' on our Roads and Footpaths page.
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Our Environment
- UCI Bike City
- Parking and Transport
- Public Toilets
- Wollongong CBD
- History and Heritage
- Memorial Gardens and Cemeteries
- Sister Cities
- Filming and Photography
- Learning City