Our Connecting Neighbours Grants fund your great ideas to bring people together and make your neighbourhood a better place.
Your neighbourhood could include a street, a few houses, a local group, or a place where your socialise.
Applications for this program have now closed.
- Live or be based in the Wollongong City Council area.
- Be an individual with at least two other friends or neighbours who support your idea (for grants up to $250) OR have a local organisation willing to support your project (for grants over $250 and up to $1000).
- Help neighbours get to know each other
- Involve people in neighbourhood activities, especially people who may be socially isolated
- Increase feelings of community safety
- Improve how the area looks
- Build local skills or job opportunities.
- Holding a BBQ to welcome new neighbours
- Group training, art or exercise classes
- Working bees or gardening
- Social outings, such as for a group of isolated older neighbours.
- Must be based in the Wollongong Local Government Area.
- Need to be community members with a shared idea, part of a community group, or representing a small community organisation (not a government agency or a large non-government or community organisation).
- Is a new initiative and involves local residents.
- Connects people and/or strengthens the neighbourhood.
- Of more than $250 will be managed by an incorporated organisation.
- Will need to be spent by 31 March 2021.
- Up to $250 for individual community members with a shared project idea
- Up to $1000 for projects with the backing of a support organisation. See the 'Support organisations' section of this page for more details.
How funding is provided
- Take responsibility for guiding the project
- Sign an agreement with Council if the application is successful
- Agree to cover the event or activity under their insurances
- Invoice Council, and receive and manage the grant funds
- Work with the project coordinator to write a report to acquit the grant.
Confirmation of support
Below are images of some Connecting Neighbours projects that have been supported in the past.
|20 April 2020|
|by 30 June 2020|
|26 March 2021|
If you have any questions about Connecting Neighbours Grants, please email or call us on (02) 4227 7111.
- Household Rubbish
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Onsite Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Book a Space
- Apply for a Grant
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details